Wednesday 5 February 2014

Review: Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask


Anyone who knows me knows that I am a face mask junkie, and after hearing the hype about the Ren glycolactic radiance renewal all over the internet i just new that i had to give it a try.

What is claims

A potent bio active peel mask designed to renew the complexion, reduce fine lines and dramatically improve skin tone, firmness and radiance. It has been formulated with a fruit acid complex (lactic, glycolic, tartaric and citric) and papain enzyme to give a gentle but potent exfoliating peel that will leave skin glowing and in optimum health. This mask is particularly recommended for congested and mature skin, and works well on post acne scarring, blemishes and blackheads plus sun damaged skin. It is not suitable for sensitive skin types.

What I thought
What first stood out to me was the fact that it says 'not suitable for sensitive skin' and being a sensitive skin gal this caused major concerns for me as I know my skin breaks out very easily when i use anything too harsh. However this mask was completely fine for my extremely sensitive skin and caused no irritation. The mask itself smells absolutely amazing, like oranges, and the texture is jelly like, something I have never experienced when using a face mask. 

Before applying any face mask you should cleanse your face. Why? Well look at it this way, whats the point of using a face mask if all its going to do is get rid of the dirt and oil that a cleanser could of. The main purpose of a face mask is to get down into the skin and this is made impossible if there is a layer of dirt and grease getting in its way. 

I would then normally exfoliate but considering that this is an exfoliating mask i would skip this step. You don't want to over exfoliate as it can do more harm than good.
The mask comes with a muslin cloth, which you should rinse under warm water, then use remove the face mask.

After removing the mask i like to tone with my La Roche Posay Effaclar toner, then inject some moisture with my hydraluron serum and l'oreal skin perfection moisturiser.

After hearing FleurDeForce say how she could tell a difference in her skin immediately after taking it off I had high hopes for this product. I wouldn't say I was disappointed in this mask but i was expecting more of a 'wow factor' result considering its high price tag of £30. Don't get me wrong this mask leaves your skin feeling very clean and exfoliated but didn't do much for me in the radiance department and considering thats the main purpose of the product i was a little let down so to speak.

Unfortunately I will not be repurchasing this product as i feel that for the price there is much better out there on the market, but if you want to give it a try for yourself you can get it here.

Hope you enjoyed my first review! Let me know if you have tired this mask and what you thought in the comments below!

Talk to you soon.

Rose x


Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with any of the companies mentioned and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment