Sunday 24 August 2014

Favourite Face Masks

Some of you may know from previous posts that i have done that I am some what of a face mask junkie. My collection is quite large so I have tried a lot and thought i would share may favourite ones with you! There are a few high end ones and a few more affordable ones to cater to everyones budget!

Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask £42
This is mask is the more expensive ones in my collection but i honestly think it is worth the high price tag. Just like any other face mask that i have used you must cleanse your skin before hand. If you read my last post you will know that i've been using Soap & Glory's Foamy Moisture Face Wash with my Clarisonic Mia 2 to do this job. Once your face is nice and clean you can apply the mask. The first thing i noticed about this product is the smell, my god the smell! It smells exactly like oranges which i absolutely love if you couldn't already tell! The consistency starts of gel like, but once applied to your face is turns into this glorious, orange scented foam. You only have to leave this mask on for 5 minutes so its a good one for when your in a rush. After the five minutes is up just rinse away for soft & luminous skin. I must say i can't normally tell an immediate difference in my skin after using most mask but i can definitely tell a difference with this one. Purchase this mask here

Michael Todd True Organics Kaolin Clay Detoxifying Facial Mask £20.52
This clay mask is probably once of the best anti acne masks i have ever tried. It claims to 'unclog pores, reduce bacteria and nourish, tone and heal on and below the skin’s surface' and i fully believe that is does all that! Just like all other masks cleanse and maybe exfoliate before application. Once you apply the mask it starts to dry almost instantly and you can really feel it drawing out all the nasty, horrible, gross stuff in your skin that we obviously don't want there. The scent is quite neutral, it doesn't smell amazing but it doesn't smell horrible either. Once the mask is completely dry remove with a muslin cloth for further exfoliation. The morning after using this I can tell a noticeable decrease in my spots and my skin all round looks better. Purchase this little beauty here.

Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment £44.99
This is hands down the most expensive mask I have my my large collection of facial goodies but is also probably the best, most effective mask i own. Yes this mask may be expensive but by god its worth it! This mask is like magic in a pot. Not only does it help to brighten and even the complexion, for a more youthful, smoother skin tone it de-clogs and minimises pore size and fights unwanted breakouts, by reducing redness and speeding up skin's healing process. As i am very acne prone and almost always have some sort of breakout going on this mask is an absolute life saver. Sometimes if i have a really stubborn spot that just doesn't want to budge i'll apply some with a cotton but to the spot and leave it on overnight and when i wake up, as if by magic the spot is gone. Purchase this super mud here

Soap and Glory Fab Pore 2-in-1 Facial Pore Purifying Mask & Peel £10
This little wonder not only purifies the skin but it also exfoliates. As always apply to clean skin for the best results. The first thing i noticed about this mask/peel was the colour, it is a vibrant mint colour that instantly makes my happy when ever I use it. When you apply the mask you'll notice that it has tiny little beads dispersed through out that add an extra bit of exfoliation in when you remove the mask. I use this mask when my skin doesn't really know what it wants, its too dry to apply a mud mask but it also needs something a little more purifying then a moisture mask and it works a treat! The only thing i will say is is don't use it too frequently if your a sensitive skin girl like myself as i foolishly once used it 3 times in one week and woke up with a pimple the size of a 2p coin on my nose! You've been warned! Also i think this is a great drugstore dupe for the REN Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask. Purchase this mask/peel here.

Yes to Tomatoes Clearing Face Mask £11.99
If you know me then you will know that I am obsessed with all things american so when i saw that Yes to had a section in boots i freaked out and bought this without even thinking but I am very glad i did. This clay mask is great when I want to use a clay mask but don't want to dry my skin out. It is designed for combination skins so it is great at drying out all the oily parts of my face and soothing and softening the dry parts. Perfection. Buy this mask here.

Soap and Glory Scrub Your Nose In It £9
Ah yet another amazing soap and glory product. If you didn't already realise i'm a huge fan of anything soap and glory <3 Now back to the product! Just like the Fab Pore Facial Peel this mask is a vibrant mint colour and smells very minty and fresh. This mask is great for those pesky black heads that I always seem to get (not as often now that i have my clarisonic!) It contains AHA's so is great at getting deep into your pores, exfoliating and clearing up any pesky breakouts. An all round good egg. Purchase this mask here.  

Origins Drink Up 10 Minute Mask £23
Last but not least is this moisture wonder that claims to 'quench skins thirst'. I actually got this in a Origins skincare gift at christmas time and this is why it is not as big as the full size. This mask has save my dry, flakey skin so many times this past winter i don't know what i would do without it! The scent is heavenly and smells like peaches and cream. Yummy! Apply to clean skin as always and it says to leave on for ten minutes but I like to leave it on until it has all soaked into my skin. Using this mask is like giving your skin a big drink and you wake up in the morning with soft, dewy skin. Purchase here.  

Thanks for reading! Let me know in the comments what your favourite face masks are!

Talk to you soon!

Rose x


Disclaimer: I am not associated with any of the brands mentioned in this post, all opinions are my own.









No comments:

Post a Comment